From farm to fork and beyond, SASC is a multi-stakeholder supercluster that will support, build and diversify Canadian agriculture.
VISION: SASC will improve agriculture’s competitiveness, productivity and market value by capitalizing on diverse expertise across Canada.
SASC is an open system for collaboration across all sectors of the value chain, including the research community, the small and largest Agri-Food players and processors, and participants outside the traditional Ag sector. By bridging geographical and technology domains, the SASC is bringing together Innovation Communities to coordinate the efforts of companies, researchers and other knowledge contributors around core projects.
The 4 Innovation Communities and initial project categories are as follows:
1. Digital Connectivity
- Advancing Imagery and Remote Sensing
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Partnerships Connecting Platforms
- Tools for the Smart Farm
- Soil and Root Intelligence
- Protein and Processing Innovations
- Photosynthetic Efficiency
3. Sustainable Livestock
- Genomics and Rangeland Management for Sustainability
- Technology Adoption Acceleration
- Premium Meat Protein
4. Bio Economy and Sustainability
- Improving sustainable performance through the value chain
- Environmental Goods and Services Markets with streamlined metrics and verification
- Integrated Farm Management and Trading Platforms